WORKSHOP ON REPORTING SKILLS & PROPOSAL WRITING
IN-PERSON: BANGKOK, APRIL 22-26 2024
Led by Neil Kendrick, ELD Director
Eastin Hotel, Makkasan, Bangkok, Thailand
April 22-26 2024
This immersive workshop, facilitated by ELD Director Neil Kendrick, is designed to enhance your reporting skills and elevate your proposal writing capabilities. Over five intensive days, you will explore three main themes:
- Professional Writing Skills
- Reporting Skills / Report Writing
- Proposal Writing
KEY COURSE OUTCOMES: PROFESSIONAL WRITING SKILLS / REPORTING SKILLS
This practical course empowers you to create impactful reports that drive action and facilitate informed decision-making in project management. Gain insights into a streamlined reporting process that minimizes time wastage and deadline stress, resulting in writing that leaves a lasting impression. Throughout the workshop, you will learn how to:
- Set clear reporting objectives and employ effective data collection methods
- Analyze data and derive meaningful conclusions, identifying valuable lessons learned
- Plan your writing based on report objectives and cater to your audience's needs
- Structure your ideas persuasively and logically
- Communicate clearly, keeping your readers engaged and attentive
KEY COURSE OUTCOMES: PROJECT PLANNING / PROPOSAL WRITING MODULES
Dive into proposal writing to master the art of planning, drafting, and editing persuasive proposals. Learn to:
- Identify and articulate problems aligning with your donor's interests
- How to use LFA (Logical Framework Approach) to plan your project
- Present straightforward solutions convincingly
- Convey your capability to deliver, winning donor support
As a result, your proposals will be well-organized, clear, and persuasive, fostering better relations with donors and increasing support.
This comprehensive workshop is structured over five days, addressing the challenges faced by development professionals in reporting, professional writing, and proposal writing. Key topics covered each day include:
- Principles of Professional Writing
- The Writing Process
- Writing Clearly
- Reporting Process
- Setting Evaluation Objectives
- Deconstructing Field Reports and Evaluations
- Organizing Ideas
- Persuasive Paragraphs
- Data Gathering Methods
- Making Sense of Data
- Planning / Mind Mapping
- Drafting and Editing the Report
- Common Reasons Proposals Fail
- What Donors Seek in a Proposal
- Identifying Projects
- Project Planning / Logical Framework Approach
- Planning the Proposal
- Drafting and Editing the Proposal
- Review / Q&A, Certification & Closing
FEES, LOGISTICS, AND REGISTRATION
Fees: GBP £1100.00
How to Enroll
Secure your spot by signing up directly via the 'Join Course' link on this page using your credit card. For payment via bank transfer, please contact us at [email protected].
- Five days of in-person training at the Eastin Hotel, Makkasan, Bangkok
- All training materials (hard and soft copy)
- Refreshments and lunch each day
- Certificate of completion
- Lifetime access to a library of training videos
Fees do not cover breakfast, evening meals, visas, travel, accommodation, transportation, or other daily expenses.
All fees are payable in advance on a first-come basis, with a maximum of 12 participants accepted for this course. Please ensure your eligibility for a Thailand tourist visa or visa on arrival, as we cannot support visa applications. Join us in Bangkok for an enriching experience that will transform your reporting and proposal writing skills.
Please contact us if you have any further questions.
Neil Kendrick is from the UK and has been training development practitioners for more than 25 years on Professional Writing, Reporting Skills, Proposal Writing, Results-Based Management and Monitoring & Evaluation.
He has trained relief, development and humanitarian professionals in over 20 countries throughout Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas.